Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July No-Pants-Dance

That is a CLASSIC Cecily smile, right there!  ^
Fact: The amount of chins during the smile has a direct correlation to how happy she is.

So, this year may have not been the most exciting of all the 4th of July activities we've experienced.  Last year we went to Stadium of Fire to see Kelly Clarkson and Cirque du Soleil perform, the year before that we went to a rodeo, and so on and so on.  This year, however, we knew we were going to have to turn in early because bedtime is at 8pm, of course.  I know...we're serious partiers.  That didn't stop us from having some celebratory fun, though!  We had some friends over for a BBQ and then we all set our lawn chairs up, in broad daylight, and set off all of our super expensive, high-quality fireworks we purchased for about a total of 20 dollars!  I know you're sad you weren't invited.

The whole thing ended with me dropping my pants on the front porch in front of everyone...wait, what?  Yes, you read that correctly.  Apparently, I decided that the prime location for my lawn chair would be atop an ant hill.  Once our firework show was complete, I stood up and discovered that I was covered in ants!  Without hesitation, I tossed my baby to the closest person, and did the ants-in-the-pants-dance all the way to the front door.  Aaaaand the rest is history!  It was obviously an emergency situation.  I know...now you're REALLY sad you weren't invited!  Everyone knows it's not a party until someone loses their pants!


2 comments:

Jon & Katie said...

bahaha! Not laughing at you....that sounds awful!! We wish we could have been there!

Unknown said...

Bahaha! I'M laughing at you...... sorry.

 
site design by designer blogs