Friday, May 23, 2014

Central Point



 While enjoying our time here in Oregon, we were able to make the looooong trek down to Central Point to visit Ben's parents.  Okay...maybe it's not THAT long...maybe it's only three hours.  Call me a lightweight if you must, but three hours in the car with an eight month old is not for the faint of heart.  If I had the choice, I choose flying from destination to destination as much as possible.  Yes, I'll take one personal jet, please!  Cecily was fine for awhile, but about half way through the trip it was like she randomly remembered she was strapped in a carseat and acted as betrayed as if we had put her in a straight jacket and were taking her to the looney bin.  Ben had to slide into the backseat and do the ol' song and dance and ration the limited number of toys and snacks as long as possible.  It doesn't matter how many toys you bring.  It's never enough!...*sigh* good times...

We somehow managed to make it to our destination with some of our sanity still in tact.  And once we got there, we had a great weekend!  I was fortunate enough to experience the rare sighting that weekend of all three Park siblings in the same place at the same time!  It's like seeing a rare, majestic unicorn in the wild, folks....very entertaining!  There's nothing better than viewing siblings in their natural habitats with love dished out left and right in the form of sarcasm and snide remarks.  It doesn't really seem to matter how old you are...when siblings are present, your maturity level automatically defaults to 10 years old.  Come on, you know it's true!  

I've told you a bit about the people, so let me tell you about this place!  I'm in love with it!  Ben's parents live on 30 acres of land complete with a cute lighthouse-esque (that's a word, right?) house, a huge pond, and an emu named Gwendolyn.  Throw in a couple of horses and a wooden canoe and I'd be in heaven!  I think I'd pass on the emus, though.  They're pretty stalkerish, and frankly, it creeps me out.  Sorry, Gwendolyn.  You know that feeling you get sometimes that you're being watched and you turn around to find nothing?  Well imagine that same scenario, but instead, when you turn around, Big Bird is standing there ready to peck your eyes out!  I know, it's a terrifying thought, right?  Okay, enough with the emu tangent.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable weekend complete with plenty of fishing in the pond, family, delicious Kaleidoscope pizza, and tons of sunshine.  What more could anyone ask for?


No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs