Saturday, May 10, 2014

We're Alive!


Okay, okay, I admit it....these pictures are not from today.  They're not even from last week.  They're from last month.  Trust me, I'm actually doing you a favor because if you saw pictures of us today, you would turn and run in horror.

The truth is, that for the last few days, Ben and I have shut ourselves away in our cave so that we could both devote our time bowing to the porcelain god.  Let me tell you folks....it. was. brutal.  Cecily seemed to escape mostly unscathed, so that's good.  Although, she did probably watch more TV in two days than she has in her entire life.  Strawberry Shortcake is over? Let's start another episode.  Oh, you're bored? How about a different show?  We did send her away promptly at 5 p.m. every day after our friends got home from work so that she could receive the human interaction that she had been deprived of.  But let's be honest...it was mostly so that Ben and I could lie on the bathroom floor in peace, like a pathetic pile of dirty laundry.  I'm sure everyone has experienced it...that glorious feeling of the bathroom floor.  How can something so disgusting feel so great?

I think it's safe to say that we're finally on the mend.  This morning I cracked the blinds, opened the windows, bathed my filthy child and will now attempt to disinfect this place.  I knew it was time to get better when we ran out of baby food.  Someone needs to put on pants and go to the store!

...and maybe when all of that is done, we'll get some fresh air and feed the ducks again.  I think it's obvious that the little one loves ducks.



1 comment:

Kayli Sue said...

We have so been where you are and its not fun. I remember Clayton and I taking turns lifting Will up a couple of stairs at a time to the tub. It was awful. I hope you guys feel 100% soon.

 
site design by designer blogs